Labels

Cultural Face Off

Cultural Face Off

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wu Tang Clan vs. Young Money

VS
Note* Sorry I haven't made any new posts recently, I had school + clinicals all summer :(

My Opinion

    I have actually been told that Young Money is the new Wu Tang clan ( I died on the inside a little). I started listening to the Wu in my teenage years and they are AWEsome. Their sound is grimy, hardcore, and as real as it gets. I've heard Young Money because at one point that was all you could hear on the radio (They're still pretty much the only thing on radio). Their sound is the total opposite, it's commercial, popstar-annoying, and FAKE. And some of their lyrics are just loaded with weird fetishes, It would be cool if they were just saying fucked up shit to be funny/creative or for shock value, but if you listen you can tell their trying to seem like hardcore playas by saying shit like: "I'm milking that shit, pregnant bitch titties", "Prior to me coming, I had to stick my thumb, in her ass one time, smell my finger make her vomit". Again these lyrics would be funny if they weren't serious.

The Facts 

      This is the age of Young Money Cash Money Bitches!(YMCMB!). Young Money has sold over 15 million records. All the the preteen girls want to be another Nicki and all the preteen boys want to be a lil wayne swagfag. OK so this might not all be facts but the point is kids are the future and kids love YMCMB. That's just how life is sometimes #YOLO

       Wu Tang Clan was the greatest rap group in the 90's and many would say of all time. They have sold over 40 million records and even though their not popular with the kiddies, they still have a strong following of young adults (Wu-Nation!).

The Winner

      Regardless of who you like more, there is no denying the fact that Wu Tang Clan has sold over twice as many records as YMCM. So the winner is obviously Wu Tang Clan, "Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin to fuck with!"



No comments:

Post a Comment